Monday 11 April 2011

Day 22 of GDT

A brilliant day, Odene is doing so very well.

We did another Watford route to work and back followed by St Albans route this afternoon. We even fitted time in to get a coffee at Costa whilst we were in St Albans which was joined by a cheeky chocolate brownie brought from the shop next door. We also managed to miss the down pour of rain this afternoon, it was as if Odene realised it was going to rain and sped up!

I have nothing bad to say about Odene, it looks like the main thing I need to be watchful of is allowing her to move across me when avoiding something. It seems that it's the only time my remaining vision is a bit of a hindrance as I'm great at following her going left but not so good at following her right. I think I'm getting there tho! This is my last week of full time training so it can't be long till we are qualified!

Odene is zonked out right now, happily sleeping on our cold wooden floor cooling down after all her exertions of the day. Kelly commented on how happy she seems here, as if she knows that this is her permanent home now. Whenever we go out on our harness walks and we return home I say 'find home' to which she suddenly perks up and almost drags me to the front door in her excitement! Tis very cute!

Off to London tomorrow to do a trip to Moorfields Eye Hospital which is one of my regular appointment places. Trainer Mike is joining Kelly and we are meeting a lady who works there who has a Guide Dog already to break up the route a bit with a cuppa before making our way back again. I think London may be tough so wish us luck!

A zonked out Odene! This pic makes her look like she is a giant size dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment