Friday 1 April 2011

Day 12 of GDT

First of all, Happy Birthday to my dearest hubby Mike! Sorry I couldn't spend the day with you!

This morning Odene and I started our obstacle walk but we stopped the harness work half way round due to Odene starting to limp. We took a look at all the paws and carried on a little in case it was just a bit of grit but unfortunately she kept on limping with the troubling paw appearing to be her front left. So I put the harness down and just heeled her back to the car. Kelly called the vets and we got ourselves an appointment that afternoon.

Some agonising hours later we got to the vets and typically Odene stopped limping! She had a good check over however and the vet noticed that she had a very small split on one of her pads. She was cleared to carry on working however and I breathed a sigh of relief, not because I was worried about her not being able to work but that she was okay. I'm definitely very attached to my pup!

We decided it was best to give her a rest for the rest of the day so Kelly took me to a pet store where I brought tons of toys and treats, I think I was feeling sorry for her! I'm just going to keep an even closer eye on her and her paw for anymore problems. I'm being a very concerned Mum that's for sure!

Off for the last dinner now at the hotel before heading home tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment